The Audit Authority position just opened at the Central Baltic programme -- Apply now!
The Central Baltic Programme 2014-2020 is recruiting a Controller to act as an independent Audit Authority.
The Controller will be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of Audit Authority functions (according to Article 127 Reg. (EU) No 1303/2013 and Article 25 Reg. 1299/2013) of the Programme.
- preparing and updating the audit strategy and audit manual;
- preparing and submitting annual control report and opinion to the European Commission;
- express opinion on management and control system;
- execution of system audits, audits on accounts;
- carry out sample of operations for each audit period;
- co-ordination and quality control of audit results from audits of operations reported from the Member States auditors;
- organise and act as a chair person in the Group of Auditors meetings;
- reporting to the Audit Committee of Regional Council and Monitoring Committee of the Programme;
- preparing the closure declaration for the Programme.
- University degree in any suitable field of relevance to the mentioned tasks, e.g. finance, accounting, law etc.
- at least 3 years’ experience in public auditing;
- any nationally/internationally authorised Auditing Certificate;
- excellent communication and presentation (especially written) skills;
- excellent written and spoken English, and fluent in at least one of the other programme area languages (Estonian, Finnish, Latvian or Swedish);
- knowledge of EU programmes and working experience in similar tasks is an asset;
- capacity to work in an international environment;
- capacity to plan, carry out and evaluate work tasks individually.
Terms of employment
The person will be employed by the Regional Council of Southwest Finland. The location of work will be the Regional Council’s office in Turku.
The Regional Council of Southwest Finland is a municipal organisation, and the terms of employment follow the municipal collective agreement. We offer you a dynamic working environment, an international team and the possibility to develop cross-border cooperation within the region of Central Baltic.
The working language is English.
The term of employment is until 31.12.2022.
Applications and selection
Applications (CV and optional motivational letter), should be sent to the Regional Council of Southwest Finland by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a reference to the position you apply for. The deadline for submission of applications is October 9, 2017 at 15 o’clock Finnish time.
Interviews will be held on 25-26 October, 2017 in Turku or Riga. The interview/selection team will consist of the Managing Authority and Audit Authority). Representatives of the responsible national authorities may participate. The interviews will be conducted in English.
Only those candidates who are invited for interviews will be contacted.
Additional information from
Audit Authority: email@example.com or
Managing Authority: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Central Baltic Programme 2014 – 2020 is a cross-border co-operation programme (further – Programme) under the European Territorial Cooperation Objective (Interreg), covering regions from Estonia, Finland including the Åland Islands, Latvia and Sweden and with an allocation from the European Regional Development Fund of 122 MEUR. The programme is aiming at cross-border cooperation with a focus on environment, transport, economic growth, and attractive and dynamic societies.