Third call specificationsFor the third call, the following messages are underlined:
- The Steering Committee, when selecting projects for funding, will consider the quality of each project. The selection of individual projects will, however, be influenced by also factors that are related to financial concerns on programme level. The Steering Committee is thus free to select projects for funding taking all aspects of programme implementation into account.
- The Steering Committee may limit the ERDF funding of a partner or a project.
- The third call is foreseen to be the last call in which all priorities are open for applications. If realised, later calls are likely to be targeted by content or scope.
- The programme is on good track in achieving the set result indicators. All priorities are open for applications, but some specific objectives have more needs for projects than others. Detailed information about the specific objectives or topics where applications are especially welcomed, can be found on our website on the what type of projects are needed -page: http://centralbaltic.eu/content/what-kind-projects-are-needed.
- The programme seeks a balanced participation of all participating regions, wherefore especially Swedish partners are invited to apply.
A short general overview of current programme status and how to prepare an application is provided in the video file from the Project Applicant Seminar, held on 7 December 2016 in Tallinn. A table of contents is provided at the beginning of the video that helps in finding relevant and interesting content easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-iysQ0dbpQ&t
Partner search and match-making
If you still need help in finding the right partners or require information about the Central Baltic programme on a general level, a good way to start is to get in touch with our national Contact Points. Additionally, you also have the possibility to directly book a consultation time (also over Skype) with the Project Team.
To see what kind of project have been financed, review our project database.
Small and regular projectsIn the third call, you can apply for a small project or a regular project. Small projects have a maximum duration of two years with a budget of €200 000 ERDF or less. The Application Form is filled and submitted in the eMS once. For regular projects, the application procedure contains two steps. This call is the first step. The first step addresses questions that are related to the project idea, its relevance to the programme objectives, cross-border cooperation character and partnership. The second step focuses on project work plan and budget plan. Only those regular project applications that pass the first step will continue to the second step.
Assessment and decision takingThe received applications are assessed by the Joint Secretariat, after the call is closed. The approval of small projects and which of the regular projects are to continue to the second step is taken by the programme Steering Committee. The Steering Committee consists of representatives from each participating member state. The Steering Committee meeting will take place on 8-9 June 2017. The second step of the application process for regular projects will take place 12 June – 15 September 2017. The decisions on the second step applications submitted during second step will be taken by the Steering Committee on 30 November 2017.
Guidance for filling in the application formPlease note that each call is independent; always start a new application in the third call, even if you had started an application in the first or second calls.
The Joint Secretariat has created a Guide for Filling in the Application Form. This document is very important for all applicants and can be downloaded from the link below.
Technical questions about the eMS can be asked via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For content related support, please read the FAQ section of our website or be in contact with the Project Managers and Project Coordinators at the Joint Secretariat.
Important guidance documentsThe Programme Manual provides all basic information needed to apply and implement a Central Baltic project.
The Guide for Filling in the Application Form gives technical instructions for filling in the application using the eMS.
The annex templates for the application:
Please note that all the documents below can be found at: http://centralbaltic.eu/document-categories/application-phase
- Letter of Intent – is used to confirm the willingness of partners to participate in the further development of the project. Mandatory for all types of partners in regular 1st step applications and for associated partners in small project applications.
- Confirmation Letter – provides a signature to the project Application Form and completes the application. Mandatory for each small project or 2nd step project application.
- Partner Contribution Statement for Project Applicantion – provides information on the co-financing for each project partner. Mandatory for all partners for all small projects or 2nd step project applications.
- Template for Applying for Lump Sums - provides information on the content and calculation methods used for applied lump sums. To be used by projects if relevant, i.e. if they apply for lump sums.
- De Minimis Declaration – is to be used by small projects or 2nd step project applications if relevant, meaning if the project partners’ activity is foreseen to fall under state aid.
- Declaration of financial capacity to undertake project activities - confirms that the NGO’s and private partners have the financial capacity required to implement a project. To be used by NGO’s or private partners in small projects or 2nd step project applications.
Model of the Subsidy Contract
– The model to be used as Subsidy Contract for small and regular projects once the project has been approved for funding. The Subsidy Contract defines the rights and obligations of the project and will be signed between the lead partner and the Managing Authority. The final and actual Subsidy Contract will be generated from the eMonitoring System.
Click here to enter the eMS to register and start filling in the Application Form.