Central Baltic Programme 2021-2027
The Central Baltic Programme 2021-2027 is a EU cross-border cooperation programme. Its scope is to finance high quality projects with European Regional Development Funds in Finland (including Åland), Estonia, Latvia and Sweden, that aim at solving common challenges together and across borders. The programme budget for 2021-2027 is EUR 122 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), which can be applied for in the calls.
Central Baltic Programme as such has already a long history. The programme has been existing in its current form from 2007 and cooperation links in the region are well established and developed. The region has formed into a functional cross-border cooperation area with joint interests, striving for cohesion.
You can read more about the priorities and their specific objectives from the Programme Objectives pages.
The main characteristics of a project to be funded from the Central Baltic Programme include:
- Thematic focus in one of the 7 objectives
- Cross-border cooperation as a clear added value to address common challenges
- Project partners from at least two countries of the programme area
- Project results that contribute to the result and output indicators of the programme
- Project results are sustainable and live on after the project ends
- Project partners can be public organisations, NGOs and private partners according to relevance in project implementation
PROGRAMME IN NUMBERS
The Central Baltic Programme 2021-2027 belongs to the European Territorial Cooperation framework (ETC), better known as Interreg. Interreg is built around three strands of cooperation: cross-border (Interreg A), transnational (Interreg B) and interregional (Interreg C).
Five programming periods of Interreg have succeeded each other:
INTERREG I (1990-1993) – INTERREG II (1994-1999) – INTERREG III (2000-2006) – INTERREG IV (2007-2013) – INTERREG V (2014-2020)
The previous period of the Central Baltic Programme 2014-2020 is still ongoing with projects implementing their activities.
Read more about the projetcs by clicking the button below.