1. More exports by SMEs
As a result of cross-border cooperation, companies are expected to achieve sales and contracts on target markets.
The programme objective aims to support mature SMEs in identifying new markets outside EU/EFTA and entering them. Traditionally the cooperation between companies has been weak, and it has been challenging for the SMEs to participate to the global competition. Therefore, joint efforts are needed to improve the capacity of SMEs to take products and services to new markets.
All relevant economic sectors where joint interest to enter new markets is in place are included as supported activities in this programme objective. While focusing on export, real economic impact will be achieved. In addition to marketing and new market entry activities, development of products, processes and skills are relevant activities in this programme objective.
Innovative companies are defined as companies that are targeting higher value added than the sectoral and regional average. Cluster-based approach is encouraged for the participating SMEs.
The headquarters of the international organisations should be outside of the Central Baltic programme area and the products or services should be for use outside of EU/EFTA areas.
Types of partners
Non-commercial organisations relevant and capable for implementing new market entry projects, for example non-commercial organisations with competence and experience on export and product development, sectoral associations, chambers of commerce or regional development agencies.
Indicative list of actions supported
- Awareness raising
- Product/service development
- Developing joint offers of products and services
- Process development and digitalisation of processes
- Skills development and quality management
- Market information and research
- Branding and marketing of products and services
- Sales support activities on target markets: visits to target markets and buyers visits to CB region, fairs, market expert services
- Experience exchange and learning as result of joint implementation
Any project should use a suitable mix of these actions based on the project topic. The chosen mix of actions must be relevant for achieving the contribution to both the project and programme results.
The main target groups
The main target groups are established, mature innovative SMEs of different sectors with international cooperation experience and capacity.
Companies with achieved sales and contracts to new markets
- SMEs introducing marketing or organisational innovation
- Enterprises with non-financial support
- Organisations co-operating across borders
+358 40 148 3901